The Law Office of Peter L. Jameson, PLLC zealously serves clients facing family law matters. We understand the emotional impact that issues, including child custody, child support, relocation, adoption, modification, child visitation, enforcement, prenuptial agreements, and domestic violence can have on an individual and their family. Our firm has the experience necessary to compassionately guide you through even the most complex family law matters. If you need strong legal representation from a skilled family law attorney, contact The Law Office of Peter L. Jameson, PLLC today to schedule a consultation.
Family Law Attorney | Representing Clients in Rockland County Facing Family Law Matters
Nothing is more personal than your family. Regardless of the legal issue you’re facing, if it involves your family, you need a competent family law attorney who knows the law, inside and out, and who is also acutely aware of the inherent sensitivity of your case. Our firm has decades of experience representing individuals just like you, and we are prepared to help you as well.
Our Family Law Services
The Law Office of Peter L. Jameson, PLLC proudly helps clients facing a wide range of family law matters, including the following:
- Child Custody: Issues concerning child custody are among the most contentious in any divorce. No good parent wants to give up time spent raising and caring for their child, but unfortunately, if parents cannot agree on a parenting time agreement that works for everyone, a judge will likely determine their custody agreement. Our firm is here to help you look out for the best interests of your child.
- Child Support: Courts in New York believe that each parent must contribute to raising their child. If you have primary physical custody of your child, there’s a strong chance the child’s other parent will have to pay child support. That said, courts consider a wide range of factors when it comes to calculating child support here in New York State, so it’s best you have a seasoned attorney in your corner who can help ensure your child has the resources they need to live a safe and productive life.
- Child Visitation: When courts determine that one parent is entitled to sole custody of their child, the other parent may request visitation time with the child so they can continue to play a role in the child’s life. Whether you’re a parent or a grandparent, you may be entitled to visitation rights. Our firm can assess the circumstances of your case and help you explore your options.
- Post-Judgment Action: When circumstances change, a parent may request a post-judgment action to modify their initial family law agreement. For example, if one parent was granted sole custody of a child, but has since developed a substance abuse issue or somehow poses a danger to the child, the other parent may request a modification to the initial custody agreement to get their child to safety.
- Adoption: Adopting a child is the most selfless thing a person can do, and helping parents adopt children is perhaps the most joyous aspect of being a family law attorney. If you are looking to adopt a child, whether domestically or internationally, our family law attorney is here to help.
- Domestic Violence: Nothing is more disturbing than feeling unsafe in your own home. Unfortunately, this is a reality for countless Americans who’ve been made victims of domestic violence. If you are a domestic violence survivor, our legal team is here to help get you to safety and bring the abuser to justice.
- Relocation: Often, once a divorce is finalized, one or both spouses will want to move away and start anew. That said, in a case where both parents share custody, it can become quite complicated when one of the parents wants to move out of state with the child. Whether you’re looking to move away with your child or you’re currently opposing the move, you need a competent attorney in your corner.
- Prenuptial Agreements: Prenuptial agreements are fantastic tools for protecting assets and setting financial terms in the event of a future divorce. Over the years, we’ve helped countless clients draft these family law agreements, and we can help you as well.
The Importance of Hiring a Family Lawyer
No matter the family law issue you’re facing, the outcome of your case will likely shape your future, and that of your family, for years to come. To us, you are far more than another client, and we understand that you’re trusting us to represent you at a pivotal moment in your life. The Law Office of Peter L. Jameson is a staunch legal advocate for families in Rockland County and throughout New York State, and we are prepared to do everything in our power to get the results you need. Don’t hire just any attorney; hire a family law attorney who truly cares. Hire The Law Office of Peter L. Jameson.
Contact a New City Family Law Attorney Today
The Law Office of Peter L. Jameson, PLLC takes pride in our ability to help individuals and their families from all walks of life, and if you need legal counsel you can depend on, you’re in the right place. From the moment you sit down with our firm, you can have peace of mind, knowing your case is in good hands. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation with our dedicated New City family law firm.